IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT COMMENTS

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN DISABLED

Because of spam, I personally moderate all comments left on my blog. However, because of health issues, I will not be able to do so in the future.

If you have a personal question about LI or any related topic you can send me an email at stevecarper@cs.com. I will try to respond.

Otherwise, this blog is now a legacy site, meaning that I am not updating it any longer. The basic information about LI is still sound. However, product information and weblinks may be out of date.

In addition, my old website, Planet Lactose, has been taken down because of the age of the information. Unfortunately, that means links to the site on this blog will no longer work.

For quick offline reference, you can purchase Planet Lactose: The Best of the Blog as an ebook on Amazon.com or BarnesandNoble.com. Almost 100,000 words on LI, allergies, milk products, milk-free products, and the genetics of intolerance, along with large helpings of the weirdness that is the Net.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Cooking for a Healthy Lifestyle

Pam Wertz of the St. Joseph Institute Spa & Resort emailed me to let me of their book of gluten-free recipes, Cooking for a Healthy Lifestyle, by Jenny Sheetz and Lauren Matosziuk.



Jenny Sheetz says on their website that:

All of my life I have enjoyed cooking and sampling a wide variety of foods.

I developed a taste for different types of food, taking delight in each one. When I discovered that I was unable to eat wheat and other gluten-grains, my life changed dramatically.

The more I changed my life-style, the more I discovered the need for further change. Eliminating gluten-grains was not the complete answer for me. Ultimately, I had to eliminate all grains from my diet.

In a society where foods are based on grain products that was quite a challenge! Since meeting challenges is an area of specialty for me, I decided to meet this one head on. We developed a test kitchen in our home. My daughter, Lauren, and I decided to re-create the tastes we had come to know and love. This cookbook is the result of our efforts.

My hope is that this book will help you find a more convenient life-style that allows you to enjoy meals as a family without having to prepare separate dishes for those who have food allergies.


You can order the book from their order page.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: