IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT COMMENTS

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN DISABLED

Because of spam, I personally moderate all comments left on my blog. However, because of health issues, I will not be able to do so in the future.

If you have a personal question about LI or any related topic you can send me an email at stevecarper@cs.com. I will try to respond.

Otherwise, this blog is now a legacy site, meaning that I am not updating it any longer. The basic information about LI is still sound. However, product information and weblinks may be out of date.

In addition, my old website, Planet Lactose, has been taken down because of the age of the information. Unfortunately, that means links to the site on this blog will no longer work.

For quick offline reference, you can purchase Planet Lactose: The Best of the Blog as an ebook on Amazon.com or BarnesandNoble.com. Almost 100,000 words on LI, allergies, milk products, milk-free products, and the genetics of intolerance, along with large helpings of the weirdness that is the Net.

Friday, November 19, 2010

So, What Can I Eat Now?! Cookbook


Remember the interrobang?! A combination of a exclamation point and question mark, it was the missing piece of punctuation that all keyboards leave off. There's a whole Facebook page devoted to Bringing Back The Interrobang. And they're right. We need the interrobang and we need it now. Proof? Rhonda Peters just wrote the So, What Can I Eat Now?! cookbook and badly, sadly misses the useful interrobang.

So, What Can I Eat Now?! is subtitled Living Without Dairy, Soy, Eggs, and Wheat, which makes it just right for me to feature here.



Guess what? There's a press release.

Ms. Peters' decision to write a cookbook which focused on low sodium, gluten free, soy free, egg free and dairy free ingredients stems from her own battle with thyroid disease and rheumatoid arthritis and her inability to consume foods with gluten, soy, dairy and eggs due to multiple food allergies. Ms. Peters' 15 year struggle with these chronic health issues and her desire to continue to enjoy the Southern style of cooking which she had enjoyed as a child propelled her to study and dissect traditional Southern and holiday recipes in search of healthy, flavorful alternatives. The result of Ms. Peters' laborious efforts is an exciting new approach to holiday cooking. So if you’re searching for the perfect holiday brunch menu or if you’re trying to prepare a full spread for your family’s holiday gathering, order your copy of So, What Can I Eat Now?!, as it is destined to become the premier holiday cookbook for people with dietary restrictions.

Instead of the links in that press release, try this one: http://rhondascooking.wordpress.com/so-what-can-i-eat-now-cookbook/.

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Hezza said...

A lot is written about lactose intolerance, but after being sick all my life with no answers - my Mother thought my problem was with eggs - as I have got older and a sailing injury to C2/C3 and salmonella which seems to have caused my right kidney a problem, when I had dairy I was in incredible sharp pain fromthe neck injry rdiating like a sharp razor in my skull and right kidney. As I have got older I also become very ill - my Dr says I am being poisoned and can only give me codeine for the pain. My query is what is the difference between lactose intolerance and lactic acid. From my own observations after being very ill reently after mistakenly thinking it would be OK for my body, my muscles hurt as well as the sharp prolonged pain, which made me think of athletes which lactic acid in their muscles. I also found that the pain was prolonged and exacerbated if I had sugr or salt, so I have a very bland diet. As my facial skin becomes an unattractive shade of muddy green I do wonder if the liver is involved with this problem. Any comments would be appreciated - although I don't touch anything with dairy now. I found this page when researching sodium stearoyl-2-lactylate. Heather Hailey