IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT COMMENTS

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN DISABLED

Because of spam, I personally moderate all comments left on my blog. However, because of health issues, I will not be able to do so in the future.

If you have a personal question about LI or any related topic you can send me an email at stevecarper@cs.com. I will try to respond.

Otherwise, this blog is now a legacy site, meaning that I am not updating it any longer. The basic information about LI is still sound. However, product information and weblinks may be out of date.

In addition, my old website, Planet Lactose, has been taken down because of the age of the information. Unfortunately, that means links to the site on this blog will no longer work.

For quick offline reference, you can purchase Planet Lactose: The Best of the Blog as an ebook on Amazon.com or BarnesandNoble.com. Almost 100,000 words on LI, allergies, milk products, milk-free products, and the genetics of intolerance, along with large helpings of the weirdness that is the Net.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

LI Celeb? Alert: Chris Watters

Does anyone remember Who Wants to be a Superhero? Anyone? I mean even octogenarian Stan Lee, its creator, probably doesn't. Stan "The Man" Lee created the Marvel Age of comics back in the 1960s with the Fantastic Four and has never seen a movie camera that he didn't want to stand in front of. He's made cameos in all the movies made from his superheroes and he hosted WWTBASH, a reality show to find a "real-life" "superhero."

That show flicked out of public awareness like an American Idol loser, but wonder of wonders, it's being picked up in Britain.

And an article on InTheNews.co.uk reminds up that Chris Watters "won" the American show.



So just what are Major Victory's powers?

"Here's the full story: I was involved in a speaker cabinet factory incident; it blew up. Through the years I gained my powers, my powers are I can jump 375 yards in the air, I can manipulate sound and I can levitate. In fact I'm levitating right now because I'm just so happy!

"And my kryptonite is that I'm lactose intolerant. But what I've found is that when I do have a little bit of milk I can jump just a little bit higher.

"And my hair: It's not really a super power; I kind of do that every morning. It's just super. I've always had good hair, that's just genetics."

He jokes that the initial thinking behind his own costume – the original designs of which were the contestants' own work – was "can I get into it".

"I like the shiny pants. [Pings underwear] That has a resonance that is just amazing. Plus now I have a cape and I cut the ends of my gloves off so you can see my phalanges," Major Victory adds.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: