IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT COMMENTS

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN DISABLED

Because of spam, I personally moderate all comments left on my blog. However, because of health issues, I will not be able to do so in the future.

If you have a personal question about LI or any related topic you can send me an email at stevecarper@cs.com. I will try to respond.

Otherwise, this blog is now a legacy site, meaning that I am not updating it any longer. The basic information about LI is still sound. However, product information and weblinks may be out of date.

In addition, my old website, Planet Lactose, has been taken down because of the age of the information. Unfortunately, that means links to the site on this blog will no longer work.

For quick offline reference, you can purchase Planet Lactose: The Best of the Blog as an ebook on Amazon.com or BarnesandNoble.com. Almost 100,000 words on LI, allergies, milk products, milk-free products, and the genetics of intolerance, along with large helpings of the weirdness that is the Net.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

LI Celebrity Alert: Dustin Lance Black

Ever since the film Milk opened, the headline punsters had been bombarding me with lactose puns. Yes, I take it personally. I have Google News set to dredge up every reference to lactose made by anyone in the inner solar system. When I have to wade through these jokes to get to the stuff worth sharing with you my annoyance level, normally at incendiary on a good day, goes past fission and into sun's core.

And yet, here's the extreme irony. Dustin Lance Black, the now-Oscar nominated screenwriter of Milk, has just revealed that he is, yes, lactose intolerant. He apparently made the comment at a screenwriters' panel at the Santa Barbara Film Festival.

At least, I think and hope he did. Scott Feinberg posted this bit on trivia on the Los Angeles Times blogs today, but they've already pulled the link. Does that mean Black was making a joke that Feinberg fell for and had to squelch?

Let's hope not. Good irony is hard to find. And I deserve some reward for my efforts.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: