Being published today is Living Dairy-Free For Dummies, by Suzanne Havala Hobbs.
Suzanne Havala Hobbs, DrPH, MS, RD, is a renowned writer on food, nutrition, and dietary guidance policy. A vegetarian for more than 35 years, she has been largely dairy-free for 25 years. She is based at the Gillings School of Global Public Health at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where she directs the Doctoral Program in Health Leadership.
Ah, credentials. I like credentials.
Whatever the reason for not eating dairy, Living Dairy-Free For Dummies provides readers with the most up-to-date information on a dairy-free diet and lifestyle and will empower them to thrive without dairy while still getting the calcium, vitamin D and nutritional benefits commonly associated with dairy products.
Living Dairy-Free For Dummies:
▪ Is a lifestyle manual, going beyond just recipes to present a full nutritional evaluation of what dairy-free life is like
▪ Contains more than 50 dairy-free recipes, along with how to set up a dairy-free kitchen and tips for eating out and remaining dairy-free
▪ Presents alternatives to dairy so readers can continue getting the nutritional value and tastes of dairy, without the side effects
From the Back Cover
The easy way to live and thrive with a dairy-free lifestyle
Are you looking to eliminate dairy from your diet due to lactose intolerance, health reasons, diet restrictions, or personal choice? Whatever your reason, this hands-on, friendly guide gives you the most up-to-date information on how a dairy-free diet and lifestyle can empower you to thrive while still getting the calcium, vitamin D, and nutrients you need.
▪ Make the switch — find out the many benefits of restricting dairy from your diet, get a grip on nutritional issues, and discover how to smoothly make the transition
▪ Set up shop — get practical tips on setting up a dairy-free kitchen and discover the nondairy staples and equipment you need to get started
▪ Get cooking — start making more than 60 easy and delicious dairy-free dishes for every meal of the day (including dips, dressings, and tasty munchies)
▪ Live, love, eat — discover how to enjoy a dairy-free lifestyle while away from home and during pregnancy, infancy, through adulthood, and to your senior years
Open the book and find:
▪ Top ten reasons to ditch dairy
▪ Hidden sources of dairy (and how to find them on food labels)
▪ The best-tasting nondairy alternatives
▪ Dairy-free recipes the whole family will enjoy
▪ Dairy-free ingredients and cooking tips and techniques
▪ Helpful advice for eating at restaurants and on the go
▪ Tips for dealing with picky eaters
▪ How to eat for bone health at every age
▪ Manage lactose intolerance by safely eliminating dairy from your diet
▪ Thrive without dairy while still getting the calcium, vitamin D, and nutrients you need
▪ Prepare more than 60 delicious dairy-free recipes
▪ Discover dairy-free substitutions
For Dummies trade paperback
List price: $19.99