The Lactose Intolerance Clearinghouse Has Moved.

My old website can be found at www.stevecarper.com/li I am no longer updating the site, so there will be dead links. The static information provided by me is still sound.

For quick offline reference, you can purchase Planet Lactose: The Best of the Blog as an ebook on Smashwords.com or Amazon.com or BarnesandNoble.com or a whole lot of other places that Smashwords is suppose to distribute the book to. Almost 100,000 words on LI, allergies, milk products, milk-free products, and the genetics of intolerance, along with large helpings of the weirdness that is the Net.

I suffer the universal malady of spam and adbots, so I moderate comments here. That may mean you'll see a long lag before I remember to check the site and approve them. Despite the gap, you'll always get your say. I read every single one, and every legitimate one gets posted.


Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Follow-ups: Babycakes and Purely Decadent

I told you last month about the scorchingly hot New York Babycakes Bakery and the cookbook it released. The cookbook, let me remind you, is vegan and wheat-free, but uses spelt so it's not gluten-free.

Babycakes owner Erin McKenna talks about the difficulties of gluten-free baking and gives some tips on making vegan baked goods work in an interview on Express Night Out.com.

Earlier this year I also talked about Turtle Mountain's new line of coconut milk-based non-dairy frozen desserts from their Purely Decadent label. Carrie Forbes on Examiner.com gives her very positive reviews of three flavors.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: