IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT COMMENTS

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN DISABLED

Because of spam, I personally moderate all comments left on my blog. However, because of health issues, I will not be able to do so in the future.

If you have a personal question about LI or any related topic you can send me an email at stevecarper@cs.com. I will try to respond.

Otherwise, this blog is now a legacy site, meaning that I am not updating it any longer. The basic information about LI is still sound. However, product information and weblinks may be out of date.

In addition, my old website, Planet Lactose, has been taken down because of the age of the information. Unfortunately, that means links to the site on this blog will no longer work.

For quick offline reference, you can purchase Planet Lactose: The Best of the Blog as an ebook on Amazon.com or BarnesandNoble.com. Almost 100,000 words on LI, allergies, milk products, milk-free products, and the genetics of intolerance, along with large helpings of the weirdness that is the Net.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Bunches of Dairy-Free Recipes

OK, I admit that at first glance, Cancer Center Recipes Just for You is not the most appealing come on I've ever seen.

Even so, click on "Recipe Search" when you get to that page. That'll bring up a screen that will allow you to search for only specific recipes in their database - only dairy-free or only vegan or only both, just for example.

The bunches pun in my title is there because the site is heavy on recipes containing fruits and vegetables. From that same search page, you can select which fruits and/or vegetables you want to make sure are in the recipes that are offered. When I ask it to give me vegan dairy-free recipes that contain cucumbers, I get five results.

You can play with the site for hours because hundreds of recipes are in the database.

With every sensible nutritionist (and even some of the crazy non-nutritionist diet gurus) recommending increased numbers of fruits and vegetables in our diets, a fruit and vegetable-based recipe resource is a great idea. Thanks to the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center for the work they did in putting the site together.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: